The TCLC is a national, non-profit, collaborative association of law and policy experts. We work with health leaders, public officials, and others to shape positive health outcomes via policy. Our organization is an effective, engaged, evidence-driven group of professionals that has become one of the preeminent sources of law and policy work on tobacco-related issues in the United States.
Our mission is to use the power and promise of law in all of its permutations to improve public health for all Americans.
Here is some of what we offer:
- Assistance for government and nonprofit entities at the local, state, and national level to develop legislation, regulations, ordinances, and other policies that will protect and promote public health, especially when it comes to tobacco use and abuse
- Defend the public health policies that are working, especially when they come under attack from powerful moneyed interested in the tobacco industry
- Give legal guidance and expertise on a range of health-related legal topics, especially where they intersect with tobacco policy
- Effectively communicate complex scientific topics to the general public using terminology and explanations that are accessible to the average reader or listener
- Work with other public health law and policy experts around the nation and globe to strengthen ties and share ideas
- Promote a better understanding of and appreciation for public health through speaking engagements, publications, outreach programs, and more
If you are interested in teaming up with us to work on a project, please contact us at your convenience.